.NP Domain Registration
Welcome to Our Blog
Share this post
.NP Domain is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Nepal. Mercantile Communications Pvt. Ltd. are the official registrar of .NP (which is a ccTLD i.e. country level code) for Nepal. This registration services is free of cost and are registered on a first-come-first-serve basis but there are some terms and conditions different For individuals and For Organization/Comapanie/Business Entitle.
Who can Register .NP Domain
Any Nepalese Citizen can register individuals .NP domain same as his name in the citizenship card and For Organizations or Business they should be a offical registered in Nepal Government and local presence in Nepal and also expected to be for same names based directly on a company or organization name. Foreign companies can apply for it as well if they have legal existence in Nepal or have their trademark registered with Nepal Government.
- To register your .NP you can visit Mercantile’s website www.register.mos.com.np
- Check if your domain name is available or not.
- If available, add your domain to the basket.
- Choose the user name (must be between 10-15 characters) along with email address to register yourself in Mercantile.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation in email and further process will be explained in that email. You will have to login to your account and upload scanned copy of necessary documents. Also, you will have to update contact details & name servers for the website.
Required Documents for Registration
After being registered, one is required to upload scanned copy of original documents in Mercantile’s website for verification. Here are the list of documents require
- For Individuals
- Scanned copy of Nepalese citizenship or passport or driving license or voter's card
- Scanned copy Non-Resident-Nepalese ID Card
- Scanned copy Nepalese resident visa for foreign nationals
- For Organizations/Comapanies/Business Entities
- A scanned copy of an application letter written in the company/organization’s letter-head pad, stamped and signed by an authorized officer.
- A scanned copy of the company/organization registration certificate issued by Office of the Company Registrar, Nepal.
- A scanned copy to verify that annual tax of the company is being maintained. A VAT registered certificate can be used for the purpose.
Some Top .NP Domain names are follow:
- This is an open ccTLd and can be used for any purposes even though it was originally introduced for commercial purposes. However, it can be challenged if one can’t justify the relation with domain name. This is to prevent “cybersquatting”.
- For use by non-profit organizations, and still primarily used by same.
- This is an open to any individual or entities.
- For use by domains pointing to a distributed network of computers, or “umbrella” sites that act as the portal to a set of smaller websites.
Click this link:
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products/services, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.